The average human hair growth is around one-half of an inch per month. But with optimum nutrition and care, hair strands can double their growth to as much as one inch per month.
Here are twelve easy ways to grow your hair faster than normal:
1. Combine optimum diet and hair growth supplements. Eat foods that are rich in B vitamins, proteins, and iron. Foods like strawberries, avocados, bananas, apricots, bell peppers, lettuce, milk, fish, tomatoes, spinach, beans, broccoli, green yogurt, soy products, oregano, flaxseeds, nuts, and whole grains help to hasten hair growth. The following supplements are also known to accelerate the growth of hair: folic acid, selenium, silica, magnesium, saw palmetto, and Vitamins B, C, E, and A. Protein plays a major role as well; protein forms keratin, the material which makes up the hair strand. Derive your protein from lean meat sources like eggs, fish, nuts, and legumes.
2. Maintain a healthy body. Sleep at least 8 hours each night because growth hormones are secreted while you sleep. Quit smoking and avoid too much consumption of alcohol and caffeine. Exercise at least 40 minutes daily to boost the flow of blood to your scalp.
Take note that stress and lack of sleep obstruct not only your hair growth; they also promote hair loss. Identify your physical and emotional stressors and avoid them.
3. Avoid excessive hair styling using heating tools and curling irons. Try not to use too many chemicals on your hair, too. Harsh chemicals definitely retard hair growth. Always choose mild hair care products. Slather on a little bit of leave-in conditioner to protect your hair before you blow-dry it.
4. Massage your scalp at least three times a week. Use the tips of your fingers or a specially designed hair brush to massage the scalp in order to stimulate hair growth.
5. Help your hair to grow fast using hot oil treatments and hair packs. Create a homemade hair pack from honey and egg yolk. Leave this on your scalp for 30 minutes before you rinse with lukewarm water. Do this twice a week as part of your hair care regimen. Oils also promote hair growth, so you might want to apply warmed rosemary oil, coconut oil, olive oil, or any plant oils.
6. If possible, do not constrict your hair. Tight chignons and ponytails tug at your hair roots and cause hair loss.
7. Rinse your scalp thoroughly to remove any residue from all the hair care products that you use. Clogged hair follicles hamper hair growth. Make a homemade hair-rinsing mixture from equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water. This concoction eliminates scalp residue.
8. For a few minutes every day, flip your hair upside down. This act reverses the blood flow which then stimulates the hair follicles and enables the hair to grow quickly.
9. Keep your hair moisturized. If you use a conditioner to achieve this, then apply it only on the lower half of your hair.
10. Do not shampoo your hair every day. Do not shampoo during the weekends to allow your hair and your scalp to breathe.
11. Avoid using a brush on wet hair since wet hair is at its most fragile state. Use a comb with widely spaced teeth instead.
12. Choose herbal and clear, non comedogenic shampoos. If possible, do not use hair products with phosphates and sodium lauryl sulfate.